Tuesday 25 December 2012

"Made Flesh" - Part 2



"Marius turned at the sound of my voice and a smile lit up the questioning frown that had creased his features. He was stocky, which made him look shorter than he really was, and he had rich black hair, well-pomaded and slicked back. His eyes were deep blue and the boyishness of his features was marred only by the ugly scar left by a British bayonet which had scored a line from the lower left edge of his jawbone to the outer corner of his right eye. His strong right hand, clad in black leather, crushed mine as he happily doffed his jacket and took the seat opposite me.

'Egon! It’s good to see you! I thought I wouldn’t get to see a friendly face at all while I was here.' I signalled the waiter to make my order for two and soon we were toasting each other’s health in mulled wine..."

No comments:

Post a Comment