Wednesday 14 December 2016

400...

Since, as it transpires, my 400th post falls on the 105th anniversary of the reaching of the Southern (and shoggoth-infested) Pole, I thought I would share my favourite - and most inspirational, as far as Call of Cthulhu is concerned - image.


This is a photographic plate from Sir Leonard Woolley's Digging Up the Past, a 1930 publication which had a long publishing life in Penguin's Pelican imprint and which will make all archaeology students groan in remembrance (required reading always makes us feel that way). I think it's great: the clothes! Those hats! It just makes you want to jump into your Hispano Suiza and head out to join some dig in the Ancient Near East. After all, if there are secrets out there that only fools would dare to unearth, those fools may as well be our player characters! Am I right?

Uh, guys? Why are you running away...?

No comments:

Post a Comment