Friday 25 January 2013

"Hott Hedz" - Part 3



"...I stuck my hand in over the edge and moved it about until I felt something solid and pointy, nested in the foam. Struggling, leaning out over empty space with only linoleum tiles below, I grabbed the object and hauled it forth into the light.

It came out, trailing a length of fibrous material which snagged on the edge of the trunk. I turned it in my hand and found myself staring into a pair of bulbous closed eyes, the lids sewn shut with harsh thread; below these stood a puggish nose with cavernous nostrils and the pouting lips beneath this were also sewn closed with a zigzag line of cruel fibres. Lush black hair, freed from the trunk’s lip, swung loosely about my hand, swishing with new movement, along with sprays of time-dulled feathers and sprigs of desiccated greenery. I stopped a moment, staring at this dark-brown monstrosity and then did what any normal person would have done in my position:

I screamed; and dropped it..."


No comments:

Post a Comment